Image: Jaakko J. Salo
Vaasa waterworks was established in 1915. In 1992 it was made a public utility company and in 2003 the name was changed to Vaasa Water. The raw water in Vaasa is surface water from Kyrönjoki river. Vaasa Water delivers household water to parts of Mustasaari municipality and we receive sewage water for cleaning from Mustasaari and Maalahti. All in all we serve over 70 000 inhabitants.
Key numbers 2019
- 5,33 mil. m³ of clean water was pumped into the network, an average of 13 942 m³/d. 18 % of the cleaned water is unbilled extinguishing, leakage, maintenance & rinsing water.
- 6,71 mil. m³ of sewage water was purified, an average of 18 390 m³/d. 30 % of the sewage water is unbilled rain and melting water.
- 99,5 % of households are joined to the water network and 92,7 % to the sewer network.
- The combined leght of our water and sewer networks is 1 556 km. If joined together to form one long pipe, it would stretch all the way from Vaasa to Amsterdam!
The current price of water is 1,59 € / m³ and sewage water 2,43 € / m³, including tax.
Please contact our customer services regarding:
- changing invoicing address or ownership
- reporting water meter reading or prognosis
- connecting to our water or sewer networks
- other invoicing issues
- any other questions you may have regarding our water supply services.
(06) 325 1111
Vaasa Water Offices
Valimontie 2 B, 65100 Vaasa
- CUSTOMER SERVICES
- CONNECTION SERVICES
open mon - fri 8.00 - 15.30
Due to the corona virus, our office is closed for visitors. Please contact us by telephone or e-mail only.
Report faults after working hours: (06) 325 4151 or 040 725 7900
The average water consumption in residential buildings in Vaasa is 129 l / person / day.
Organisation & Units
Vaasa Water is a public utility company with a board of directors as well as an operating committee.
The Managing director is Irma Hyry.
Our units are located in different parts of the city.
- Office & Networks
- Administration and finances
- Customer services & invoicing
- Connection services
- Technical services
- Pilvilampi waterworks
- Pått sewage treatment plant
Remember to take care of your sewer's health.
Things that don't belong in the toilet can cause blockages and leaks!
Your water fee buys you more than just clean tap water. Water utility companies work hard daily for the environment by cleaning your sewage water. The harder you make the cleaning process, the more expensive it will become.
Look here for more information on how to treat the sewer with respect >>
Our regional waste management company Stormossen can help you out with recycling your garbage >>
Download infosheet (pdf) in english here.